Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Book Review: Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child

Raising An Emotionally Intelligent ChildRaising An Emotionally Intelligent Child by John Gottman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My paediatrician recommended this book, saying it really is the best book out for toddlers that are dealing with the new world of emotions. It is an excellent book, and unlike a lot parenting books, very easy to read. It's central point is that it's not enough to just empathise with your children, but it's important to use that empathy to emotionally coach your children. I have started using this emotional coaching technique myself, and it's been a real asset with some of our daughter's occasional moments as a "terrible two". It helps to diffuse a tense situation, and turn it into a learning experience. I cannot recommend this book more.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment