Monday, November 29, 2010

What a week!

Wow, things have crazy busy in the last week. We had our good friend Rob visiting from California and staying with us. It was great to spend time with him, but it meant more time partying and less time working on things I needed to get done, like the major project of the course I'm doing right now. The project was already hampered by the fact that my class partner was a lovely, but severely English-deprived, woman. There is a prereq for the class of English 12 at at a C+ level or higher, but it's pretty much on the honour system that your English is at that level. Anyway, I did manage to get the first draft of my project in, though two days late.

Besides making it to the club the weekend before last, we finally held our first big party at our new place; the long awaited "Jaime's 30th". It was a great turn out and everyone seemed to have fun, but alas I failed by eating nothing before the party, drinking a few cocktails a little too quickly and then spending the later parts of the evening on the bathroom floor of our ensuite (thank god we have two bathrooms in our new apartment). The next day I spent dying a thousand deaths and swearing off alcohol forever.

I have managed to get in a few hours of work in here and there, but no where as many as I mean too. I am hoping for a big push in hours next month, but who am I kidding, it's Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment