Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Discovering First Person

Over the past few weeks Holly has started speaking in "first person". It has been interesting watching Holly's developing language skills. When she first started talking she referred to herself as "baby". Then she started saying "Holly" to mean herself. More recently she had been referring to herself in the second person. When she wanted to use a spoon she would say "feed yourself", meaning herself. I guess its because she spends so much time with me talking to her and asking her questions. She often says things in question form. She would finish her bottle of milk and say "Are you finished little milky, OK".

But just this past week she's started using "my", "mine" and "I". Now she says "I am finished little milky".

I can't believe how quickly she is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment