Sunday, March 13, 2011

Old Photos I Love

I love old photographs. They're like little frozen time machines. One of my first jobs after I finishing high school was working in a black & white photolab. It was my favourite thing to print new photos when people brought in old negatives. They were usually found while cleaning out old family belongings. Old negatives are much larger than 35 mm film, and give such amazing details. I find it hard to conceive that the people in these old photos are gone from this world. Now that flickr has so many digitalised repositries of old photos online, we have access to so many of these amazing photos. I'm putting some of my favourites up here.

Old Swedish Farmer and his Dog

The old man has such character, and the dog reminds me of my Dad's amazing dog Angel.

Carl Persson, Betsede, Uppland, Sweden

Photo: Swedish National Heritage Board

No comments:

Post a Comment